Sportsmen for Youth (501c3) is proud to provide a free day for all children to explore outdoor activities that some kids might not normally have access to. To achieve this we offer a wide variety of exhibits for the kids (some at cost to our organization). Overall, to provide our one day free event our costs average between 40 and 50,000 dollars. Please keep in mind this is a total volunteer organization.
Because of these expenses we ask for your help. Any donation you could provide will significantly help us achieve our goal. We have quite a few donation options described below and all donations are tax deductible.
Each year we host a fundraising banquet at Whitlow’s Forerunner Banquet Hall to help offset our costs. Along with a wonderful dinner, guests have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for numerous prizes. We have numerous gun drawings, silent auctions, live auctions and have even raffled off a multi-gun gun safe in years past.
Any monetary, service and/or product donations would be greatly appreciated for our banquet to raffle or auction off to our guests.
For more information on purchasing tickets for the banquet, please complete the registration form on our website, http://www.sportsmenforyouth.com and return it to the address listed. Please keep in mind that tickets are limited and can only be pre-purchased.
~5 Gun Raffle
Besides our banquet gun raffles, we offer The 5 Gun Raffle where tickets are purchased throughout the summer and the 5 winners will win one of 5 different guns. Each of the 5 guns will be given away at Youth Day in September. If you would like to sponsor one of these guns, a monetary donation for the cost of the gun would be appreciated.
The first 2,500 children ages 2-17 through the gate on youth day receives a free t-shirt listing our sponsors.
A T-Shirt Sponsor is a person, company or organization that pledges $500.00 or more per sponsorship year (Sept – May). In return, your organization will be listed on the shirts given away to be seen by thousands. Twelve businesses, organizations, or individuals to donate will be awarded placement on the Sportsmen for Youth t-shirts. A t-shirt is provided to each of the youth participants on Youth Day. May 1st is the deadline for returning sponsors to have their check submitted to secure their placement for each year’s T-Shirts. After May 1st if there are remaining spots open, they become available on a first come basis.
~YOUTH DAY EVENT SPONSORSHIPS
There are a number of events taking place at Youth Day that require funding to make happen. We welcome sponsors for any of these events. Sponsorships will include a banner for the business, organization or individual who helps offset the cost of these events. Below are just a few of the Event Sponsorships available for 2018.
- Hawg Trough Fishing Exhibit – $3,000 – THANK YOU MSA for your 2019 Donation!
- Natures Discovery Michigan Reptile Program – $750
- Cran Hill Rock Wall – $750
- Outdoor Discovery Birds of Prey and Reptiles – $1,000
- Informational Professional Speakers for Hawg Trough demonstrations – $1,000
- Food Booth – $1,000
- Water – $350
- Fish Pond – $5000Anyone interested in making any donation to Sportsmen for Youth will be noted, and thanked as a sponsor in our program at fund raising events, as well as on a sponsorship banner displayed during Youth Day.If you’re interested in any type of donation please go to our contact page at http://www.sportsmenforyouth.com or reach out to one of our board members. Board meetings take place the 1st Monday of each Month at Whitlow’s Restaurant. A tax deductible receipt and notation of sponsorship will be returned to you upon request.
We are very grateful to all of our past and present sponsors and donors. Any donation you can make towards Sportsmen for Youth will make a difference helping us to reach our goal. We welcome you to become a part of our supporting organizations.
With our sincerest thanks for your support, Sportsmen for Youth Executive Board